Community Guidelines / Terms
Welcome to the Gensokyo Radio community!
These guidelines are written to help maintain the quality of our community, and to provide a source of knowledge for both listeners and members of our community who choose to participate in the more social, interactive element of Gensokyo Radio via means such as our chat channels, games, events, and other community gatherings.
To help make it easier, these guidelines have been organized so that they may be used as both a general guide for those who want to learn more about expectations, and as a quick reference guide to help staff and moderators educate members on a case-by-case basis.
Things that are Not Allowed
- Behaviors which are disruptive, obscene, vulgar, questionable, or otherwise ill-spirited or communicated with ill-intent, or what may be interpreted as such.
- Harassment of any kind.
- Posting messages, images, or links that contain 18+ (NSFW) content or make reference to such content (including but not limited to violent, grotesque, or sexual content), racial slurs, hateful or terroristic material, etc.
- Inappropriate user names.
- Trolling, mocking, unnecessary sarcasm, or similar behaviors.
- Spamming, solicitation, advertising, or extraneous messaging, including messaging which results from the use of bots.
- Recruitment, whether or not it specifically targets members of our community.
- Imitating another member of the community, especially members with elevated roles such as staff and moderators.
- Joining the community with the intent of creating a negative or hostile environment.
- Obtaining unauthorized access to the website, station, or other related systems.
- In channels such as Discord, bots are allowed only if permission is obtained first. Unapproved bots may be removed by staff/moderators.
- Use of language is allowed in moderation (think PG-13), so long as it abides by the above guidelines. Staff and moderators are allowed to edit/remove content if it gets out of hand.
- Listeners should connect with the fewest number of connections necessary to listen to the station (typically one connection). Staff reserves the right to remove additional connections. If you have an application or use for more than one connection, we can make exceptions. Please contact us if this is the case.
- Certain applications may cause unusual connection behavior, initiating many more connections and log entries than the majority of listeners. We reserve the right to filter IPs to prevent such behavior from negatively impacting our systems. If you suspect your IP has been blocked from this type of behavior, contact us and we can look into a solution.
Areas of Application
As a member of our community, these guidelines will generally apply in the following areas:
- The GensokyoRadio.net website, including all subdomains and derivative TLDs
- Gensokyo Radio station
- Our partnered Discord server and associated channels
- Our Steam group and chatroom
- Our Facebook fan group page
- Twitch.tv/LunarSpotlight and Twitch.tv/GR_DMJ654 chat channels
- Community gaming events and gatherings
- Voice channels
- Any other events or activities run by Gensokyo Radio / Three by Seven or its staff
Persons with authority include those who are part of Station Staff (S. Staff), Community Staff (C. Staff), or Moderator (Mod) groups. To a certain degree, members of these groups maintain access to the following abilities with the purpose of maintaining the quality of our community:
- Reducing/applying permissions (modifying access permissions to a particular area or function, such as being muted in a voice chat)
- Editing/removing content (modifying content, including removal, posted by a member to be in-line with these guidelines; includes user names)
- Kicking members (the temporary removal of a member from a particular area)
- Banning members (the semi-permanent removal of a member from a particular area; requires re-admittance by a staff member)
- Blacklisting members (the permanent removal of a member from a particular area; will not be re-admitted without unanimous agreement by station staff)
Persons with Authority
Station Staff members are the top authority members in channels such as Discord. They are followed by Community Staff members and Moderators. These persons are allowed to deal with cases as they see fit. Cases may be reviewed by staff as needed.
If you aren't able to contact either through our regular chat channels, please visit our Contact page to get in touch with a staff member.
Participation in any of the areas listed above signifies your acceptance of these guidelines.